Edmonds Beacon - Your Hometown News Source

‘FIRE!' Edmonds Museum exhibit focuses on fire department history


Last updated 3/10/2019 at Noon

The Edmonds 1925 Volunteer Fire Department and new REO Speedwagon in front of Hughes Memorial Methodist Church at Fifth Avenue South and Dayton Street. Pictured, left to right, are Assistant Chief Wilbur Womer, Dan Doty, Pearl Bacon, Gus Evensen, Matt Engels, Sam Yost, Fire Chief A.B. Bently, and Roy Rynearson.

The Edmonds Historical Museum presents a new exhibit highlighting the 105-year history of the Edmonds Fire Department.

“FIRE! Bucket Brigades, Calamity & Conflagration” illustrates the department’s bucket brigade beginnings up to its long-term agreement with Snohomish County Fire District No. 1 in 2010.

Displayed items include the original 1922 fire siren which sat on the Carnegie Library’s roof, original Edmonds Fire Department nozzles, and more apparatus.

The display continues through April 14.

The Museum is located in Edmonds' historic 1910 Carnegie Library at 118 Fif...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020