220th/76 improvements; City offices open | City Briefs
Last updated 12/8/2022 at 11am
Open house Dec. 1 for 220th/76 intersection improvements
The City of Edmonds is currently at the 30% design level of the 76th Avenue West at 220th Street SW intersection improvement project.
The public is invited to attend an open house 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1, at the Edmonds Public Works Building downstairs cafeteria, 7110 210th St. SW.
The meeting's main project goals are to improve vehicular traffic flows and safety for all active transportation users going through this intersection. Attendees can learn more about this project and provide feedback.
The project will add an eastbound and westbound left turn lane along 220th. Additional improvements consist of wider sidewalks, new traffic signal system, lighting enhancements, and ADA curb ramp upgrades.
The proposed utility improvements consist of stormwater and water line upgrades, with the potential conversion of existing overhead utility lines to underground.
Info: Bertrand Hauss at 425-754-5325 or via e-mail at [email protected].
City buildings now open, with additional hours
With the COVID-19 state of emergency declaration being rescinded by Gov. Jay Inslee, City of Edmonds buildings are open to the public with additional hours.
– City Hall is open to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
– The Planning, Building, and Engineering counter on the second floor is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– Frances Anderson Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.. Many classes and programs are available for registration/participation by visiting the CRAZE online site.
– Community Services and Economic Development is available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall by appointment, or by phone 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
– Cultural Services is available from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Frances Anderson Center or by phone at 425-771-0228.
– Human Resources staff are available by appointment and can be reached by phone or email in order to schedule a zoom or in-person meeting.
– The Neighborhood City Hall office is open to the public Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
– The Public Works Operations building is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Some services will remain online as the transition to online during the pandemic has proven to be efficient and useful to the public. See specific department web pages for more information about online services and appointments.