South County Fire offers tips for safe Thanksgiving
Last updated 11/23/2021 at 10:21am
Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires, with three times as many an average day, according to the National Fire Protection Association. South County Fire shares these tips for a safe Thanksgiving:
– Stay in your kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
– Stay in your home when cooking your turkey and check it frequently.
– Keep children away from the hot stove – at least 3 feet.
– Keep matches and utility lighters out of reach of children – up high in a locked cabinet.
– Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle...