County budget includes crisis responders, crime prevention officers
Last updated 11/11/2021 at 1:18pm
The Snohomish County Council has passed a 2022 operating budget on a 4-1 vote.
A few highlights of the 2022 adopted budget:
– Body camera program for sheriff deputies and park rangers
– Expansion of the number of detectives to address crimes against children and domestic violence,
– Hiring more designated crisis responders
– Addition of three crime prevention officer; one per precinct
– Investments to reduce the law and justice system backlog
– Set up a Carnegie Employment Support Services Program to improve access to jobs
– Make investments in long-term shelter and hou...