County budget includes crisis responders, crime prevention officers
Last updated 11/10/2021 at 1:56pm
The Snohomish County Council has passed a 2022 operating budget on a 4-1 vote.
A few highlights of the 2022 adopted budget:
• Body camera program for sheriff deputies and park rangers,
• Expansion of the number of detectives to address crimes against children and
• Hiring more Designated Crisis Responders,
• Addition of three crime prevention officers; one per precinct,
• Investments to reduce the law and justice system backlog,
• Set up a Carnegie Employment Support Services Program to improve access to
• Make investments in long-term shelte...