Edmonds Adopt-a-Basket is a go
You can adopt one of 141 flower baskets or one of 68 corner parks.
Last updated 5/7/2020 at 10:50am
The City of Edmonds' popular Adopt-A-Flower Basket or Corner Park program of 2020 is officially underway and filling up quickly. Your donation helps to support the City's annual Flower Program, which enhances the beauty of Edmonds.
Usually, the Edmonds Floretum Garden Club assists City staff with planting, but this year, with social distancing requirements in place, City crews will do the planting.
"We always look forward to these beautiful baskets," said Mayor Mike Nelson. "And this year, the seasonal beauty will be even more welcome."
"Our Parks staff recognizes the value of this beautiful Edmonds tradition and is committed to providing the baskets and corner parks plantings to the best of their ability during this time," said Angie Feser, Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services director.
Adopted baskets and parks include signage identifying who donated them. You can adopt a basket or park in your name or in memory or honor of someone else. Those who participate in the program also get the first option to renew their basket or park next year.
Here are the program details:
• 141 flower baskets will be planted this year;
• Each is available to adopt for $100 for the season; and
• The baskets are typically in place early June through September.
• 68 corner parks are available for adoption this year;
• Corner Parks are available to adopt for the season. Prices vary, so check out the website below; and
• The corner parks will be marked with donor information until early November.
Forms and payment can be mailed to Edmonds Parks and Recreation at the Frances Anderson Center, 700 Main St., Edmonds, WA 98020.