COVID-19 news and resources list
Last updated 3/12/2020 at 7:02pm
The coronavirus has taken over the news cycle in a way that not many other things have in recent years. You may feel inundated with school emails, social media posts, stock market news and everything else happening online and on television.
The Edmonds Beacon is posting updates on its website and social media platforms as soon as possible.
If you have information on closures or efforts being made to help, feel free to mail Editor Brian Soergel at [email protected] You can also let us know of any worthy websites, and we can add them.
This is a list of news resources all in one place in case you want to check the numbers for yourself. It is not meant to be exhaustive, but to give you some tools all in one place.
As always, you can check the Beacon's website, or our social media pages to stay up to date with what is going on in the community.
Here is where the Beacon, like many other news organizations, is getting the news:
For coronavirus cases and deaths counts in Washington state, broken down by county:
• Washington State Department of Health website: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
Updates daily with the previous day's information, typically in the afternoon.
For what to do if you are in home isolation because you have an infection or are being monitored for one at home:
• Washington State Department of Health website: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/HomeIsolationGuidance.pdf
For coronavirus cases and deaths worldwide, broken down by country:
• World Health Organization situation reports: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/
Updated daily with the previous day's information, since Jan. 21
For common questions about prevention, symptoms, and for those at a higher risk:
• Centers for Disease Control
1. COVID-19 homepage: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
4. For higher-risk populations (older people and those with chronic illness): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html
• Snohomish Health District
1. Frequently asked questions (updated March 11): https://www.snohd.org/DocumentCenter/View/3118/FAQ_coronavirus_03112020?bidId=
2. COVID-19 homepage: https://www.snohd.org/484/Novel-Coronavirus-2019
• Snohomish County (response and resources): https://snohomishcountywa.gov/5589/COVID-19-Response
Includes information about schools, events and mental heath resources
For school closures, meals information, distance learning resources
• Edmonds School District coronavirus response information: https://www.edmonds.wednet.edu/
• CDC Interim guidance for businesses and employers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
• Washington state Governor's Office (financial assitance, export assistance, worker resources, insurance questions): https://www.governor.wa.gov/issues/issues/covid-19-resources/covid-19-resources-businesses-and-workers
• Snohomish County resources: https://www.snohd.org/492/COVID-19-Info-for-BusinessesEmployers
This list will be updated with resources in the coming days.