Edmonds Beacon - Your Hometown News Source

Clothing by heaters causes townhouse fire

 

Last updated 10/17/2019 at 1:13pm

South County Fire

No one was injured when an early morning fire Oct. 10 caused more than $55,000 damage to an Edmonds townhouse.

A passerby called 911 at 4:35 a.m. to report smoke and flames coming from the two-story structure in the 7800 block of 196th Street SW.

"This is less than half a mile down the road from Edmonds Fire Station 16, so we had firefighters on scene within minutes," said Leslie Hynes, public information officer for South County Fire.

Firefighters could see flames inside a bedroom. They had the fire knocked down within 10 minutes. Damage was contained to the one room and its contents.

No...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020