Edmonds Chamber looking for July 4 volunteers
Last updated 2/26/2019 at Noon
The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce is now in the initial planning stage for this year’s An Edmonds Kind of 4th festivities.
The chamber is putting a call to action out to the greater Edmonds community for those interested in getting involved and joining a volunteer committee.
For years, the chamber has hosted a quintessential 4th of July parade, a fantastic fireworks show and, more recently, the Beat Brackett 5K and 1K races.
These events draw thousands to Edmonds.
In a recent member survey, An Edmonds Kind of 4th was found to be the most important and highest attended event that the chamber hosts. Each year, the chamber relies on the time and energy of 150 volunteers to pull off the July 4 events.
“We are recruiting committee volunteers who are enthusiastic, eager to contribute and committed to enhancing the experience of the An Edmonds Kind of 4th festivities,” said Alicia Moreno, the chamber’s communications and program coordinator.
“Join An Edmonds Kind of 4th volunteer committee to share your experiences and expertise,” she said, “ensuring a well-run 4th of July event, all while making new friends and developing skills that benefit you both personally and professionally.”
Needed are volunteer committee chairs to plan and execute:
- Beat Brackett 5k & Baby Brackett 1k
- Fireworks show vendor program
- Facilities Manager to plan and execute detailed logistics of delivering and retrieving equipment and supplies.
- Main Parade co-chair to help plan registration, staging and judging
Volunteer commitment includes:
- Managing 10 40 volunteers, depending on event
- Meet monthly February thru May, and two times a month in June.
- 5-10 hours per month of research, planning & outreach
- Day-of commitment of up to 6 hours onsite management
For more information, contact Alicia Moreno at email@example.com.