Edmonds Beacon - Your Hometown News Source

Cigarette likely cause of Edmonds condo fire

 

October 8, 2018

Firefighters responded to a fire at the Carmel condos on Main Street in Edmonds.

A woman and her dog safely escaped a fire that caused more than $50,000 damage at an Edmonds condominium on Sunday, Oct. 7.

According to South County Fire spokeswoman Leslie Hynes, dispatchers received an alert from an alarm company and multiple 911 calls around 6:10 p.m. that reported smoke and flames on the ground floor of the 16-unit, four-story Carmel Condominiums in the 600 block of Main Street.

One of the reporting parties was fire department chaplain and Edmonds resident Josi Jones.

“Josi was out for a walk when she heard glass breaking,” Hynes said. “She spotted smoke comin...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 03/31/2020 13:37